Business IT Support is a necessity for all modern businesses, something we simply cannot do without.
Most of us are aware of the havoc associated with new types of Digital Viruses, such as Ransomware.
For those of you who are still unsure of how the billion dollar ransomware industry works, please let me explain.
- An email is sent to you with a malicious file attachment, or hackers identify a vulnerable network port from which they can hack into a server.
- Once the hackers have access, they run a script to encrypt all of the files on the server — and that means all of them!
- They leave a note behind, requesting payment in bitcoins so that no one can identify the criminal who receives the funds.
Ransomware has evolved a lot over the years, both in terms of how it operates and also how attacks are orchestrated.
- Once the files are encrypted it is nearly impossible to have them decrypted.
- Anti-virus software is no use, because it is unable to decrypt the files.
- Ransom prices nowadays often cost around $10,000.00 upwards.
- The best recovery method is to restore data from your latest backups, which are ideally stored at an external location.
However, some basics have not changed at all which helps many small businesses to stay safe.
- The biggest and best prevention is Backups, both Offsite + Onsite.
- Up to date Anti-Virus on all of the machines is essential.
- Full network security and patches for office networks minimise your risk.
Business IT Support is something XpressteX specializes in. We’ve been exceeding customer’s expectations since 2009.
If you would like a full security audit of your network, or are unsure about the degree to which you may be vulnerable to Ransomware attacks, you can always call the team at XpressteX and we’ll be glad to assist.
Feel free to call us at 1300 991 030 to book your free consultation, or visit our Business IT Support page for more information about the range of services we offer.